Meet Sharon Palmer, RD, The Plant-Powered Dietitian
Living in the chaparral hills overlooking Los Angeles with her husband and two sons, Sharon enjoys visiting the local farmers market every week and cooking for friends and family.
Sharon's PhilosophyThe key to health—for us and the planet—is becoming increasingly clear. We need to make a sure-footed return to eating a whole plant foods diet. Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian or omnivore, it’s completely in your power to eat a diet that focuses on a symphony of minimally processed plant foods, including whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices. In fact, most traditional, cultural diets around the globe—whether you’re in Peru or Africa—are plant-based. In the United States, we have strayed away from our healthy plant-based diets to the typical American diet, which we know is linked with death, obesity, and disease. Best of all, meals based on global flavors, crunchy grains, earthy legumes, and a rainbow of fruits and vegetables are downright delicious!
My love of plant-foods really started as a child. I was lucky enough to grow up in the woodsy Northwest at a plant-based dinner table long before people called it that. Now that I’ve settled in California with my own family, I’ve started my own food traditions that revolve around plant foods; I love visiting my local farmer’s market each week, whizzing up homemade fruit smoothies in the summer, and stirring a bubbling pot of vegetable soup in the winter.
To learn more about my plant-powered philosophy, you can read my article Plant-Based Eating, The Path to a Healthy, Sustainable Diet in Live Better Magazine here.
Sharon's ServicesSharon Palmer is available for the following services:
- Freelance food and nutrition writing for newspapers, magazines, websites and blogs
- Writing and editing for newsletters
- Author and contributor for non-fiction books related to food, nutrition, and cooking
- Original recipe development with nutritional analysis
- Speaking on nutrition, cooking and wellness in a variety of settings
- Culinary demonstrations and cooking classes
- Expert on nutrition in the media, including print, radio and television
- Specific expertise in plant-based nutrition, including Mediterranean, Vegetarian and Vegan diets
Please contact Sharon to discuss her services.
Sharon Palmer’s Press Kit